Tyumen Super Deep Well
West Siberian Basin
analysis including assessment of
and hydrocarbon generation history
A unique study of this key reference well based on new
analyses of an extensive set of whole core and cuttings samples over
a 7500m interval through the Tertiary to Triassic section. All samples
are held in-house by Geotrack International.
in association with
The Nedra Enterprise
Geotrack’s non-exclusive study of the Tyumen Superdeep well SG-6
consists of 6 separate volumes. Volumes 1 to 6 are available separately
or in combination. For details of prices etc, please contact Paul
Green or Ian Duddy. Significant discounts are available for purchase
of multiple volumes.
Volume 1: AFTA-based Thermal History Reconstruction
- New AFTA analyses in fourteen samples, plus ZFTA and zircon (U-Th)/He
dating in two additional samples.
- New VR analyses in 29 samples, plus Russian VR data and equivalent
VR values from Rock-Eval Tmax data.
- Estimation of maximum and peak paleotemperatures from AFTA, ZFTA,
zircon (U-Th)/He dating and VR/VReq.
- Identification of the timing of paleo-thermal events from AFTA,
ZFTA and zircon (U-Th)/He dating .
- Assessment of the time at which the observed maturity was achieved
- Calculation of paleogeothermal gradients at the time of each identified
- Assessment of the mechanisms of heating and cooling in relation
to each identified event – e.g. paleoburial, higher heat flow,
passage of hot fluids.
- Calculation of the amount of paleo-burial in each episode.
- Construction of constrained 1-D basin models based on the thermal
- An assessment of the implications of the results for the timing
and magnitude of hydrocarbon generation and the petroleum system(s).
Volume 2: An analysis of Source Rock Type,
Maturation Levels and Hydrocarbon occurrence based on organic petrography.
Prepared by Professor Alan Cook (Keiraville Konsultants)
- Detailed organic maceral descriptions on 29 samples.
- Quantitative estimates of the VR level using whole sample petrography.
- Quantitative estimates of the reflectance of other macerals such
as inertinite and bitumen where appropriate.
- Maceral fluorescence observations.
- Photography of key organic components.
- Comprehensive Report on source rock quality and type.
Volume 3: Source Rock Geochemistry
Prepared in association with Dr James Preston (Exploration Geochem Consulting
Initial screening of 30 samples based on:
- Total organic carbon
- Rock-Eval Pyrolysis
After these screening procedures, three suitable samples were selected
- Liquid chromatography
- Pyrolysis GC
- Saturate fraction GC-MS
- Branched/cyclic GC-MS
- Aromatic fraction GC-MS
The volume comprises a comprehensive interpretative report plus an
Appendix containing all data in the form of Tables and figures. Hard
and electronic copies together with Figures in MS Powerpoint are included.
Additional detailed geochemical analyses can be quoted on request.
Volume 4: Palynological and Visual Kerogen
Prepared in association with Dr Alan D. Partridge (Biostrata Pty Ltd)
- 30 core and cuttings samples prepared specifically for palynological
- Particulate organic matter (kerogen) analysis of Thermal Alteration
Index (TAI) and visual estimates of percentages of organic matter
- Palynological age and environmental determinations.
- Species lists and/or range charts for assemblages with colour images
of key and dominant species in assemblages.
Volume 5: Petrology / Thin section analysis
- Petrographic descriptions based on 24 blue dyed
epoxy impregnated polished thin sections (10 core samples, 14 cuttings)
of representative samples from the full stratigraphic column - Oligocene
to Triassic – including Triassic basalt intersected near TD.
- Scanning electron microscopy identifying key diagenetic phases
with semi-quantitative X-ray analyses and determination of normative
- A comprehensive atlas of digital optical and SEM images is provided.
- Includes an assessment of the variation in detrital and diagenetic
mineralogy through the entire sequence.
Volume 6: Russian data Compilation
Compilation of Russian reservoir poroperm data, source rock geochemistry,
wireline logs (including .LAS files) and geological stratigraphic
and lithological information for the Tyumen Super Deep Well. Also
includes a selection of recent Russian papers on the tectonic development
of the West Siberian Basin and the hydrocarbon generation history.